Singularity of Kumiko machinima OAC grant



  
     Earlier this year I received a grant from the Ontario Arts Council to do a variety of things ranging from a gallery exhibit to filming a 30 minute machinima of my artwork called the Singularity of Kumiko.  I have just finished the machinima! yay me.  It has taken me quite a while and during the filming I realized that I had to build new scenes to help transition the story in different ways than the virtual environment.  So there are some little parts not in the virtual environment portion of the story.  I hope you will enjoy it and feel free to share as I am not particularly good at doing that.
   This story is the prequel to Imogen and the pigeons which also won an OAC grant a few years ago. You can watch it below if you want to see how they are tied together.  I also would like to thank the Ontario Arts Council for their continued support over the years with three grants for my work in Second Life.  It is very rewarding and encouraging for me to know that such an establishment sees the virtual space as a powerful and unique tool for creating art.  I also want to thank all of you who faithfully watch or explore my virtual ramblings in art.


Comments

Popular Posts