Friday, July 26, 2013

Educational/non profit discounts are back

Some good news for from the Second Life site http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Updated-Pricing-for-Educational-and-Nonprofit-Institutions/ba-p/2098039

"Effective immediately, any accredited educational institution or any organization with a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit tax status (or equivalent) is eligible for a 50% discount on private region set-up costs and a 50% discount on private region maintenance costs."

     Now if only they would give discounts to artists who create content for their users in addition to promoting the potential of the medium.   I won't hold my breath waiting but as Morpheus said in the matrix.. "Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?"  Since there is no air in a virtual world then perhaps I will hold my breath for a bit.
Post a Comment