The Body Electric

The Body Electric was launched at ICRE 2014. An inspiring selection of visual art, in a range of media – photography, drawing, painting, sculpture and film – explored the conference theme of medical technology from new critical and artistic angles.


The Body Electric is a digital visual art show to be presented at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada’s (RCPSC) upcoming International Conference on Resident Education (ICRE), October 18-20, 2018 in Halifax NS.  

     Three of my machinima works are being exhibited there as part of the show.  The Singularity of Kumiko, Juniper and Virtual Environments which is a machinima showing the virtual work created for soldiers with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a commission for the United States Military.  Essentially we created a virtual space to  help soldiers with  PTSD,  I would like to say it was a great success, however, I have no idea if it was as those military types are a tight lipped bunch.  In fact after I completed the project they chloroformed me and I woke up in a motel on the other side of the country.  I looked at a Polaroid on the night table and it showed me with two friends and I could see that my body was slowly disappearing.  It became clear to me that I had to go back in time and get my parents to kiss in order to not fade away.  Ok that last part is a lie mixed with Back to the Future.

If you are in Halifax you are welcome to attend the show if there are still tickets.  The tickets are a bit pricey I think so I  have included the three machinima in this post below.


 

Comments

Popular Posts