New artwork "Hand" opens December 10th


     After three months or so of writing and building, my new artwork "Hand" is ready to open.  It will open December 10th (which is a terrible time to open something other than Christmas related work as Linden Lab will be promoting all those very soon).  There will be a special concert by Phemie Alcott at 12 noon SLT.  Phemie, along with some additional sounds by Haze, wrote a wonderful song specifically for the artwork which you can hear in the machinima trailer above which I created for it.  She is one of the phenominal talents who reside in our virtual world, and I was fortunate to have her take the time to create something for me.  When you arrive there will again be an experience to accept (If you accepted one of mine before you won't need to) and on the wall some settings to put on the shadows with projectors.  Firestorm is the best viewer to use as I have used a feature which lets me change the windlight sky by altitude.  So some floors of the building have different windlights and they will trigger if you use Firestorm.  There will be a narrative in a hud and this time the pages will appear when you walk within the proximity of the main character named Flutter.  You will meet her in a subway sitting on a bench to start.  There are lots of little hidden things as usual and I am going to limit the amount of avatars to try to keep lag down.
     Sadly I am not sure how long this work will stay up this time.  As my work takes longer and longer to create as it gets more complex it means that people don't come to the region as much as I am building it.  An unfortunate side effect of that is I don't receive tips towards paying tier during the build process which was three months and translates to $900 USD.  For the first time in 8 years I don't have tier rent for next month.  So if you can afford to tip then please do so that Immersiva can stay open.

Comments

Popular Posts